Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Interesting Health Fact and a personal thought on ...

Random Happenings

Yep, I changed the name...

20% 10% 70%

Adjusting and more

Resolution ROCKS!!!!

Friday.....finally!

Is it Friday yet!?

PMS anyone?

My job


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Friday, March 17, 2006

    A new grill

    Here I sit, it's almost 2am and my mouth fucking hurts.

    Today was the dental "event" I wrote about in a previous post. Was/Is it the worst pain I've ever been in? No, far from it- but it's damned uncomfortable!

    A bit of history: I was given tetracycline as an infant and toddler regularly for ear infections. At that time the effects of this particular antibiotic on infants and expectant mothers was unknown. Here's a bit of info on it nicely summed up....

    -Tetracycline is a common antibiotic that is often used as an alternative to other antimicrobial drugs such as penicillin. Unfortunately, extended use of tetracycline, particularly in expectant mothers or children under the age of six, may cause permanent discoloration of the teeth. Characteristically, tetracycline stain presents as intense yellow, gray or brown bands, often causing long term psychological embarrassment through childhood, teenage and adult life.-

    What the above does not mention is that the teeth rapidly weaken and tend to easily break or crumble like chalk. Enamel/dentine breakdown, de-calcification and a need to supplement fluoride (beyond what regular toothpaste offers) is the long and short of it.

    So. Six of my front teeth were crowned today- from "canine" to "canine". Needless to say......it was a loooong day and these temporary crowns suck, suck, suck! Anyone who has ever had a temporary crown knows what I'm talking about. They throw your bite off, are usually mis-shapen/cumbersome, fall out at the drop of a dime and in general are nothing like a permanent crown. If they're front teeth they also tend to fuck up your speech. Speaking of falling out; one of mine popped off three hours after I got home. Up to the local pharmacy I went to buy a temporary bondant to reseat the damn thing. How long must I endure this misery you ask? 10 to 14 days. My permanent crowns will come back from the lab in two weeks and hopefully life will return to a state of normalcy. Until then I'm on a liquid/soft food diet.

    I feel like shit- I'm going to lay down now.

    Labels: ,

    ---------------------------------------------

    0 Thoughts On The Subject

    Post a Comment

    << Home