Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

I need a break

HA HA!

Happy Father's Day!

Walking dead.....with a check list

A storm is ragin' and it isn't "Alberto"

Safest state in the Union

Oh yeah, they’re cursing my name tonight

A wee bit torn

Finally Found It

You better watch your….ass?


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Tuesday, June 27, 2006

    Mental health, or lack thereof

    My primary MD doesn’t want to give me any more refills. She says she’s not ’qualified’ to deal with “mental health” issues. She’s carried me on refills for two years now. I explained “They’re just panic attacks (with a little depression, a hint of rage and a touch of psychotic behavior sprinkled atop for good measure), Doc. Nothing more, nothing less. Let’s not make a big issue out of the situation.” Nope, two years is apparently long enough.

    So I made an appointment with yet another psychiatrist and yet another counselor. Yet another? Yes, yet another.

    Notes to self…

    ~ You know you’re fucked up when your psychiatrist informs you in a letter that you’re not “invited” back to his office.

    ~ When you’re pissed off at your psychiatrist and they ask “What are you thinking?” LIE.

    ~ When asked to explain what a “Columbian Necktie” is. LIE.

    ~ Do not psychoanalyze your therapist until she begins to cry and tell you about her abusive parents.

    ~ Remember that your sense of humor is ‘off’. Most people in the mental health field do not think you’re funny, they think you need to be committed, need stronger drugs or both.

    ~ If you don’t like your therapist, do not continue to go and finally in the middle of your sixth session (after spending six co-pays) exclaim gleefully “Now I know why I hate you!” and then proceed to explain that the only reason you kept coming back after the first visit was to figure out why you hated them.

    ~ Just because your mother screwed the family counselor doesn’t mean you have a license to emotionally destroy every counselor you come in contact with.

    ~ When you’re threatened with Baker Act, smiling and with a shrug saying “I’ll get out sooner or later” probably isn’t a good idea. That’s called an “implied threat” and it‘s rather childish.

    ~ Seeking out and randomly touching on your therapists worst fears throughout your session, isn’t conducive to healing. It fucks with their head. It’s also considered in polite society to be ‘rude’.

    ~ Discussing the pros and cons of crunchy peanut butter for half an hour is a waste of $175.00

    ~ Deciding you’re going to hate your counselor (before you’ve even met the man) just because his name is ‘George’ and insisting on pronouncing his name in Spanish is just plain ridiculous.

    These are just a few nuggets of wisdom I’ve learned while seeing therapists, counselors, psychologists and psychiatrists over the years.

    ‘Productivity’ is my word for the upcoming month. And we all know the Latin root of Productivity is ‘refill’.

    Labels: ,

    ---------------------------------------------

    5 Thoughts On The Subject

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "Deciding you’re going to hate your counselor (before you’ve even met the man) just because his name is ‘George’ and insisting on pronouncing his name in Spanish is just plain ridiculous."

    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    3:45 PM  
    Blogger Hum & Aepha said...

    Also, having your therapist's husband put his hand up your shirt and tell you you're beautiful is a really bad sign. Especially after seven straight years of therapy.

    5:06 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Maevyn- I'll be seeing 'George' (that's pronounced 'Whore-hay') on the 5th. I'm really trying not to be a player hater. My new mantra is "Whore-hay is going to bring on the perspective." Bring it, whore-hay. Bring it.

    ------------------------------------

    Aepha- I'm so sorry her husband did that. I've noticed that a lot of therapists spouses are a few watts shy of a 60.

    I've got to say seven years with the same therapist is amazing! It seems like I change therapists more often than socks. I find one little flaw and that's it- I turn into a self-righteous asshole (even more so than I usually am) and refuse to go back.

    7:10 PM  
    Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

    I contested the payment of a therapy session to the insurance company (and won!) after a therapist said to me, "I think you're sexually attracted to me. We should talk about power and submission in your relationships."

    Oh yeah, buddy, but not if you're charging me a co-pay.

    Fucker.

    8:59 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Holy shit, CG! I'm glad you got your money back!

    Now I'm thinking about starting a blog based on therapy horror stories. That's really fucking sad when the therapist is in greater need of counsel than their patient.

    I can't tell you how many therapists I've seen where the session started out about my fucked up family (mother to be specific) and ended up about them wetting the bed until they were 19 or how they "felt" about their other patients issues or why their marriage ended horribly or why their children hate them (the list goes on and on).

    Heh, and I paid them!

    10:50 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home