Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Finally Found It

You better watch your….ass?

WTF!!!???

What brings you here, Dearie?

Guys Gone Wild!

I bought the box set

Film therapy revisited

An open letter

What Classic Pin-Up Are You?You're Brigitte Bardot...

Film Therapy


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Saturday, June 10, 2006

    A wee bit torn

    One of my coworkers is a military wife. A young military wife. A young military wife who’s husband just got stationed in Italy for the next six months. She feels like an atom bomb just dropped on her life. I don’t blame her. So naturally, I’ve been trying to be Mrs. Supportive. One of my other coworkers mentioned something about all of us going out together for dinner or drinks or a girl's night out or something. I was like “Oh yeah, that might be fun” because I didn’t think it would actually happen. Yeah well, the idea took off. I got a call last night at work from another coworker (who happens to also be ‘the 19 year old’ and one of my bosses) saying “Hey, we’re going out tomorrow night and then we're all crashing at military wife's house, you’re invited, please come.” I said (trying to worm my way out of it) “Well, I’m working until 6 and D will be getting off around then, blah, blah, blah.” She wasn’t having any of it. “Aww, come on Aza! We‘re all trying to be supportive of military wife, it‘ll be fun and we’re waiting until you get off- blah, blah, blah.” But, but, but….

    So I’m torn. On one hand: I drink with friends, I hang out with friends, these people are coworkers, not friends. I don’t like mixing my personal life with my job. I really don’t know these people. I mean, I know them but not real well. I hardly ever work with any of them because I work weekends and for the most part it‘s just the pharmacist and I. Let me reiterate, I’m like the outsider because I hardly work with any of them and they all hang out together on a regular basis on their off time (while I‘m working). On top of all of that, I’d hate to stick my foot in my mouth (which I tend to be very good at). Oh, and, drinking with minors (which two of them are) isn’t cool (even if they aren‘t drinking but those of us who are of age are).

    On the other hand: They’re trying to include me and I kinda want to be included because I feel like “the” old lady (at the ripe old age of 27) of the pharmacy; I’m the oldest tech there (plus, I‘m the ‘outsider‘). I also want to be supportive and it might actually be fun.

    In my head I still keep coming back to “I don’t like mixing my personal life with my job.”

    But I don’t want to be a stick in the mud.

    I'll probably end up going but only for a few hours, just to save face.

    *sigh*

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    0 Thoughts On The Subject

    Post a Comment

    << Home