Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

A Thank you, another request and another vent

My kitty

This soap opera fucking sucks…

Eh, the mood just kinda... passed

A Big Honkin' Thank You!!!

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what...

Whore-Hey, are you spying on me?

Thinking ahead

Uh, okay

My flip flop


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Wednesday, July 19, 2006

    A wonderful update!

    I want to thank everyone so much for their support and kind comments with Angel’s passing and the terrible situation that brought this precious new kitten into our home. Rose and Shanna cross posted about this sweet little girl which brought in a ton of folks who sent a ton of positive energy our way. It paid off BIG!

    David, Manic Witch, Cynical Girl, Aepha, Betty, APE, WebKittyn, aka_monty, Maevyn, Faerie Lady and DS- Thank you all for the positive energy and supportive comments you posted here and at Great Googly Moogly. To all of the lurkers who sent a prayer or positive thought, thank you so much!

    The update…

    We picked Kaz (D named her) up from the E.R clinic this morning at 7:30am and took her straight to my vet who opened at 8am. This little kitten has not stopped purring since that jackass across the street ‘tossed’ her to D. She had an IV in her little arm from where they’d been giving her meds and fluids all through the night. She seemed slightly alert (still purring) but looked pretty bad. Most of the fleas were dead or dying because I had requested that they immediately Advantage her as soon as she was somewhat stable. Also, her inner ear had stopped bleeding. We got to our vet a few minutes early so when he pulled up, we got out of the car with her wrapped in a towel. He immediately rushed over and asked what was going on. We gave him the quick version of the story as he rushed us inside and into a room.

    As he went over the E.R. clinics notes and examined Kaz I was able to go into detail over what happened. As I told the complete story he worked faster, yelled for more techs, and appeared to get more agitated with each detail. When I finished telling him everything he was LIVID but more determined than I’ve ever seen him (one of the techs was crying). I asked that he do everything possible to help her regardless of expense. He went through a list of things he was going to do and medications he intended to administer. I told him I’d call every few hours to check on her. Every time I called throughout the morning and afternoon the report got better and better! The techs were so taken by her they carried her around the clinic for most of the day in heated towels.

    One call informed me that the rapid eye movement was slowing. Another, she was eating all by herself! Another, she was trying to sit up on her own! At 3pm I went for a visit, the inside of her mouth and ears were turning pink again- the anemia was fading and meds were working! I asked what he thought the outcome would be and he seemed very hopeful. He expressed that a full recovery wasn’t inconceivable but made it very clear that we’re still far from being out of the woods (please keep those prayers and/or positive thoughts/energies coming!). I explained to him that I didn’t want her left unattended through the night and would kennel her at home when they closed, continue to administer meds, stay on top of her hydration/eating and in general keep close watch over her. I told him I’d bring her back tomorrow morning at 8am so he could take back over. He agreed and home we went.

    Kaz can not walk well or sit upright on her own (she won‘t attempt either unless prompted), her equilibrium is very off because of the severe brain trauma and injury to her ear. The poor little girl urinated on her bedding because she’s not moving well and has no idea what a cat pan is. When I was holding her earlier she let out a tiny cry and seemed terribly uncomfortable. It sounded like an “I need to potty but I‘m holding it as long as I can.” cry. Since she’s lived outside since birth and wouldn’t use the pan I took her outside and held her in a standing position. The moment her feet touched the ground she tried to dig and immediately went potty as I steadied her from falling over. Poor creature fell asleep purring in my arms on the way back inside. I nearly bit my lip off to keep from crying for her.

    I called a very dear friend of mine (Tabby) in Indiana who also does rescue and told her the story. Tabby specializes in handicapped kitties, specifically those suffering from Manx Syndrome and neurological disorders. We came up with an “If all else fails” plan (“if all else fails“ because Tabby has a number of unique and severe cases she‘s dealing with)…..

    Tabby is coming back to Florida at the beginning of August to pick up a Manx Syndrome kitty and the rest of her stuff (her move to Indiana was recent so she still has a lot of belongings here) If Kaz is FeLV I’ll have to keep her- if she’s neuro, Tabby will take her on as a permanent and if she recovers to an adoptable level (without needing special care) one of Tabby’s neighbors may take her. All of this is on the assumption that Kaz will be able to travel by then.

    Ideally, I’d still like to find her an adoptive home here in Fl. or Ga. So please still keep your ears open and fingers crossed for anyone looking to adopt a special kitten that has earned through her hardship the right to the life of Riley.

    I started this post around 11:30pm but have had to stop frequently to check in on her. It’s now nearing 4am and I still have a ton of stuff to accomplish before I can lay down. I’m hoping to get at least two hours rest before taking her back to the vet. I hope at least some of this was coherent, I'm sorry it ended up being so long. :)

    Again, thank you all so much!

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    2 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger david james keaton said...

    i apologize for not giving the positive energy when you needed it. i was too busy sending the negative energy towards the perpetrators. that's always been my problem though. i'm no help in a crisis because i'm too full of blame and hate to think about the victim. i'm impressed all to hell though with your efforts toward that kitten. i'd honestly take her but my two cats are assholes and sociopaths and they attack any other cat that comes around. again, you get the MVP award for doing what you're doing.

    2:54 AM  
    Blogger DS said...

    I have a similar story with my cat she was abused by these kids in the neighbor hood and i went out and grabbed the poor thing and she was in rough shape. I took her to the vet brought her back and now she has been my cat for 8 years. She is a litte retarded and is blind in 1 eye but other than that happy. I say she is blessed.

    so good luck with this kitten.

    ps. I slapped evey one of those kids, well the ones that I could catch. By the way your state does not have "Buster Laws"

    11:13 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home