Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Whore-Hey, are you spying on me?

Thinking ahead

Uh, okay

My flip flop

An evening at the cuss-capades

Bootstraps- a work related rant

Mental health, or lack thereof

I need a break

HA HA!

Happy Father's Day!


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Thursday, July 06, 2006

    Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for its heros!!!

    Seriously.

    This is my 100th post, and it's a damn good one!

    Please feel free to C&C or link this entry to your blog or e-mail me and I'll send you the entry with all of the links already embedded. Lets spread the word!

    I jacked this from Rose. This is an ultra worthy cause! I've made my pledge and I hope anyone reading this does too. No amount is too small, it all helps!

    Here's what Rose wrote...

    "I usually talk myself out of doing Blogathon every year. I tell myself that I don't have the energy, or that I don't have the time, or that there's no way I'd be able to do it with my other obligations. This year, I have no excuse. I have been asked to participate in Blogathon with an absolutely AMAZING team of fellow military wife bloggers (Stale Betty, Char Marie, Tuna Girl, Maximus, April, and Tess. I'm proud to say I have all these ladies on my blogroll, and would encourage you to check them out. We, as a team, are going to blog for 24 hours straight over at Stale Betty's Place and she's already given us keys to the joint so we can move in and make ourselves comfortable. We are going to be blogging for a charity that's near and dear to our hearts, the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. Betty did a fabulous job of explaining what the charity is on her blog yesterday, so I am going to give her full credit but I'm just going to reproduce what she posted there: Yes. Once again, I must ask you all for your money so that together we can help our military men, women and families. We will be blogging every 30 minutes for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund which just recently began construction on a 65,000 square foot state-of-the-art physical rehabilitation center and advanced training skills center at Brooke Army Medical Center at Fort Sam in San Antonio, TX. For those of you unfamiliar with BAMC, it is known for having one of the best burn units in the country. It was already a top of the line hospital but with the added rehab center, it's going to be even more beneficial to the men and women returning from war with severe burns, amputations and other life-changing injuries. Funding for the construction has been met but donations are still needed to purchase medical equipment and supplies. Any small bit helps.

    Sign up to sponsor us.

    Facts and Statistics

    To date more than 20,000 men and women have been wounded in operations in Afghanistan and Iraq According to U.S Senate research, is that the amputation rate has doubled: 6% of those injured in Iraq have amputations compared with 3% in previous wars.

    As of April 30, there were 268 amputees, 41 of whom had lost two limbs. There are triple amputees, according to Walter Reed Officials. Unfortunately, these numbers will continue to rise.

    Over all 90 percent of soldiers wounded in Iraq survive. In Vietnam, only 76 percent of the wounded did so.

    Hundreds of soldiers have been severely burned, and some initial reports indicate that soldiers have suffered eye injuries at a rate far higher than any previous war.

    Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund has contributed over $14 million to military families, but as the operations in Iraq and Afghanistan continue, unfortunately many more families will need our help.

    -----------

    The team, under Betty's leadership, already has some great ideas to keep the blogathon entertaining for anyone who wants to join us on our journey and read as we write. We've got games planned, prizes planned

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    7 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger Rose said...

    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

    2:33 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's a shame we private citizens have to do what the politicians should have funded for our men and women in uniform from the beginning. If you get the chance read Rudyard Kiplings poem "Tommy". It pretty well sums up how the military is treated by most of the non-military community. Think you will agree!!!

    Wish I could have afforded to donate more.

    10:43 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    YAY!!!! My dad (omaum) is here!

    Thanks for donating, dad. I think it's awesome and so appreciated regardless of the amount! You're Rose's 2nd sponsor!

    I may post that poem in a few days.

    10:53 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think you are both awesome and I'm just so grateful that you've embraced our efforts. Thank you sooo soo much!!

    12:21 AM  
    Blogger Dayngr said...

    Send me the post with all the links and I will blog it too! Oh and if you can shoot the poster pdf link in there too all the better.

    I signed up to do my part as well!

    9:30 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    You rock!!! Thank you so much for your support! Incoming email. :)

    10:22 AM  
    Blogger Rose said...

    Thank you ALL SO MUCH for your help and support! This is really becoming an amazing effort!!

    10:33 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home