Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Come on, just do it...

HoW To KeEp A HeaLthY LeVel Of iNsAniTy aNd dRiVe ...

Oh and Karma? (if you're still listening)

Hey Karma, thanks for saving me the trouble...

On hangovers and reflections

Ahhh, the Blog-a-thon memories!

I won...

BLOG-A-THON!!!!!!!

Grumpy?

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet....Kaz!


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Tuesday, August 08, 2006

    Sensibility and booze don't work well together

    There is a little known about but regularly used organ hidden deep within the recesses of the brain called “sensibility” (though it goes by many names; good judgment, conscience, scruples, etc.). Everyone has it, most use it; with the exception of Darwin Award winners, of course. It’s that little thing that makes you look both ways before barreling through busy intersections, keeps you from sticking your tongue in electrical outlets, tells you your limitations when drinking and keeps you from having your famous last words be “Hey ya’ll, looky here!” We use it everyday yet it goes unnoticed for the most part because most of us are born with it. We’re used to it being around- that quiet little voice advising us not be to stupid.

    It is important to note that alcohol consumed in vast quantity (and other drugs I’m sure) render this little organ completely useless- that’s where binge drinking, alcohol poisoning and driving after imbibing (those vast quantities) come in. Prior to disabling this little organ it is best to plan your evening carefully: a designated driver (or a pre-paid taxi), a map to the nearest hospital and a trusted friend trained in the Heimlich maneuver that’s willing to stay up all night watching you with the eyes of a hawk so when you start choking on your own vomit, you do not end up in your local city morgue with a stupid “How’d I get here?” expression on your face.

    Where in the hell am I going with all of this? That’s a good question.

    Sadly, as a child my “sensibility” organ was either beaten clean out of my head or to the point of spontaneous malfunction (it’s a large debate among my family). Come to think of it, most of the women in my family have or have had a malfunctioning sensibility organ with regard to drinking (which lends to the theory that stupid may truly be genetic). Where this little organ in a lot of folks malfunctions in survivable ways: choosing crummy partners, hanging out with the wrong crowd, buying cars they can’t really afford- the organ in the women of my family malfunctions (or is maybe ignored and or unplugged) during any kind of decisions made involving the quantity of alcohol consumed by the average 125 pound person. Ultimately this malfunction led to an early death for my mother (yes, an alcohol related car accident), chronic alcoholism in my sister and binge alcoholism within myself. I use the term binge for myself because I only drink two to three times a year now…but when I do, I’m lucky I survive it.

    So I guess the whole point to this is…listen to your inner sensibility organ, or win a Darwin award.

    I bid thee farewell for now as I have vomit to hose off my lawn and grass stains to scrubs out of the knees of my jeans- because last night, I nearly won a Darwin award.

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    6 Thoughts On The Subject

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wait ... you went through all of that to tell us your sensibility organ wasn't functioning and then didn't tell us HOW?

    I want my 35 seconds back. And a pie. But first, my 35 seconds.

    12:23 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Maevyn- You're always invited to the party!

    Cash- Actually, I have photo documentation of said malfunctuion. As a picture is worth a thousand words; if I can find a pic of the "event" in question that took place last night- That doesn't show my partially exposed chest and doesn't have me looking like a complete tard (tequila in hand), I'll post it.

    1:30 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WHOOHOO!!! Pictures! We're holding you to that, now, ya hear? LOL

    5:21 PM  
    Blogger DS said...

    now there is a medical term for what I have chalked up to way too many vodka tonics. I always wondered why the hell i had leaves in my hair. Thanks now I might be able to use this to get early retirement. As it for me is quite a chronic condition

    10:46 PM  
    Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

    I had something witty to offer related to this post. But that was a few beers ago. And now this one's empty. Let me get back to you.

    By the way...my schedule is open if you want to pencil me in for the next one.

    9:36 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Mondays are good for me at the moment!

    9:42 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home