Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Ahhh, the Blog-a-thon memories!

I won...

BLOG-A-THON!!!!!!!

Grumpy?

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet....Kaz!

I took the PTCB exam today...

The Latest- Thursday

A wonderful update!

A Thank you, another request and another vent

My kitty


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Tuesday, August 01, 2006

    On hangovers and reflections

    And now back to my regular programming…

    Upon waking I slung my legs over the edge of the bed (they felt heaver than usual) and straightened my “chicken poop” tee shirt. Bleary eyed I stumbled into the bathroom intentionally avoiding my reflection in the mirror as I walked by. The only reflection I was intent on was last night’s playing pool, trivia and drinks. The shitty music in the juke, made me insist on playing ten dollars worth of my favorites and watching everyone’s face change when a rompin’ Hank Williams tune some guy at the bar proudly and loudly proclaimed he’d chosen earlier changed into Bill Withers “Ain’t No Sunshine”. Ah, my first song! The next hour should be interesting. Bill turned into Alice in Chains which turned into BB King which turned into Poe which turned into Bob Marley which turned into The Cult which turned into a lot of obscure music no one there had ever heard and so on. I kept getting asked “This is great, who is this?” or getting told “You’ve got eclectic tastes!” After the fifth person walked up, tried to put quarters on the pool table and was politely told I was playing solo, I think my position was made clear. I just wanted to play some pool, listen to anything but what the ’regulars’ were cranking out of the juke and be left the fuck alone.

    My thoughts moved to Whore-Hey as I realized that I was standing in front of the mirror now. I was more than surprised to see I didn’t look the way I felt. The make-up from last night was still neatly in place on my unwashed face, my hair (which I usually tie back before bed) was untangled and fell smoothly down my back. I wasn’t sick to my stomach and my head didn’t hurt. But I felt/el sick and hollow. Why was I expecting to see Tim Curry from the Rocky Horror Picture Show staring back at me? Why did I feel guilty for not having a headache or sour stomach? I thought such an image looking back at me would be quite fitting or at least interesting. Nope, just me. Standing there, feeling sick, knowing no amount of pepto will quell it and no amount of soap will wash it off. Pepto and soap work on the exterior, you know. Just me staring, trying to figure out what therapy will consist of today. I briefly considered taking the fifty dollars I will spend on the co-pay out of my wallet and flushing it down the toilet.

    Labels: ,

    ---------------------------------------------

    1 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger Aza said...

    Note to self...'victory over oneself is the greatest of victories' (Plato).

    11:37 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home