Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Embarrassing yet a little flattering

Yet another Visa commercial…

I have what in my what !?

Hungry and even more anxious

Thirsty and anxious

October has it out for me!

Doctors and asshole video store managers

It makes me ill at heart

Want to put a smile on a complete strangers face?

NFL Network presents


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Thursday, October 12, 2006

    To serve and protect?

    Abso-freaking-lutely! But they really should add "And be thoughtful" to that motto.

    I got pulled over tonight! I’m on my way to the post office after kicking my own ass at the gym and I see I’m being tailed. After a mile or so the blue lights get turned on so naturally I pulled over immediately. Officer “not so subtle at tailing people” gets out of his car, walks up and says “License and registration, please”. As I’m getting my license he asks “Do you know why I stopped you?” Let’s stop here for a moment.

    Now me being me, I thought of a thousand hysterical (or what I thought would be hysterical) responses in a matter of seconds. After thinking it over I decided it’d be best not to impose upon him my sense of "humor" however, that did not stop me from testing the water…

    So I say “Uh, failure to signal when you were pulling me over?”- he giggled. Good, he’s got a sense of humor. As he takes my license he says “No, I couldn’t read your tag until I got right up on you. I’m going to run your license and make sure you’re not a bank robber before I let you go. Be right back.” After a few minutes he comes back and I tried to hand him my registration, he says “Oh no, you’re fine I don’t need the registration.” So I said “So you know I’m not a bank robber?” he says “Yeah, you’re not a bank robber.” All this time he’s looking in my car (which I found rather irritating) so I asked him “Would you please stop eyeing my filthy car, I’m a little self conscious.” Again, more giggles. He says “I don’t think some CD cases and a yoga mat constitute filthy.” Then, “Your tag cover really is hard to see through.” I just sat there staring at him. He shifted uncomfortably. Then he said “You know, it’s hard to read the tag” So I responded with “Well actually I didn’t know.” (I honestly didn’t!) So I stepped out of the car and walked with him to the trunk. I stood there looking at it, a little pissed off with myself for not recognizing how oxidized the plastic cover had become. He says “See, it really is kinda hard to read.” I told him that there was no need to defend his decision to pull me over, he was right- it was hard to read. Plus me and my yoga mat passenger/accomplice really could have been bank robbers.

    I'd like to add here that I think I’m one of the only people in this city that really doesn’t mind being pulled over (on the incredibly rare occasion that it has happened). If I screwed up, well, I screwed up and deserve to be told.

    To make a very long story short(er) I chatted with him a bit about community affairs, where he was from, how long he’s been with the department, made him laugh so hard he made a weird coughing/wheezing noise, twice! etc. etc. etc. and finally ended the conversation with “Well, it’s been nice chatting with you but if you don’t mind I’ll happily take my ticket and be on my way.” he says “Oh no, I wasn’t going to ticket you, I just thought you should know.” I thanked him for being such a thoughtful individual, told him to have a safe evening and was on my way.

    Thank God he had a sense of humor (and understood mine)! I can (and am) easily misunderstood for being a smart ass when in actuality my humor just tends to be incredibly caustic.

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    2 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger HUMINT said...

    I'm glad you don't take the police for granted. Both you and the police officer sound like good people who make the world a pleasant place to live. I enjoyed your story.

    12:01 AM  
    Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

    Kick Ass! If you don't stand up for yourself you're sure to get run over everytime.

    2:27 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home