Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

NFL Network presents

Alive- using the term loosely

What are your plans tonight?

What color is your aura?

Yeah, I thought it was touching, too.

Inner sanctum

Pass the popcorn, please

Well that was interesting- in a horrific sort of way

Cross sections of reality

A few beans shy of a burrito


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Thursday, September 21, 2006

    Want to put a smile on a complete strangers face?

    Send a card.

    Seriously.

    Tuna Girl’s very dear friend Patrick is in the hospital tonight recovering from surgery. Now just how cool would it be for Patrick to get his mail and find a bunch of get well cards from complete strangers across the country- maybe even from around the world (hint, hint my foreign friends)? Yeah, that’d be pretty freakin’ cool.

    It's hard to smile when you don't feel good. So, I don’t know Patrick but I’m going to do it. I'm going to send him a get well card because I think it will make him smile.

    You should do it too- Jot down the below address and stick it in your purse or wallet. When you’re out and about tomorrow take a moment to stop and buy a card (even a postcard). You don’t have to write something all elaborate just “Get Well Soon” will suffice. Stick a stamp on in and drop it in the post.

    You have to admit 10 minutes out of your day and 39 cents (or 21 cents if you send a postcard) to make someone feel better is a small investment for a huge payoff.

    Patrick Doyle
    PO Box 8409
    New York, NY
    10150


    ~UPDATE~

    Here's a pic of the card I sent. Yeah, it's another crappy cell phone pic but you get the idea...


    Labels: ,

    ---------------------------------------------

    5 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger Tuna Girl said...

    That is incredibly sweet! Thank you so much. You've moved me to tears.

    10:41 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    There’s just something about ink on paper that brings a smile. Maybe it’s transferred energy. E-cards are nice but they don’t cut the mustard. Plus, who doesn’t love getting a card. I’ve saved tons of cards from over the years- even those I got during horrible times. It’s nice to look back on an uncomfortable situation and know you might have felt alone but you never really were.

    11:06 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Thanks lessake! That's just awesome! I'm sure Patrick will love seeing a postmark all the way from Estonia!

    9:10 AM  
    Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

    Put a smile on a cyberfriend's face...c'mon over and contribute to my Commentathon...help me celebrate my one-year blogiversary.

    6:34 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Congrats!!! I'm on my way!

    12:27 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home