Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

A few beans shy of a burrito

The agenda tonight

Timothy Leary's dead

Praying

On IM querying

I'll shut up about work sooner or later...

Yawn

A bittersweet success

Bootstraps- a work related rant- revisited, revise...

All Work and No Play Makes Aza


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Sunday, September 03, 2006

    Cross sections of reality

    Me: So I’m thinking this is what it must feel like when your dead.
    Dad: Wouldn’t surprise me.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Me: The only way I can describe it is- Have you ever had too much to drink but didn’t know it until you were put in a serious situation? You know, you’re half way through the drive home when it hits you “Oh shit! I SO shouldn’t be driving right now!”
    Tabby: Oh yeah.
    Me: Yeah, that’s the feeling I get every time I get behind the wheel and all throughout the day for that matter. Well, that or like I’m waiting to wake up. I’ve actually questioned myself on a few occasions on the way to work; Is this a dream?
    Tabby: Oh shit, man!
    Me: It’s fucking fucked and so am I.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------

    Me: Have you been going into work early to avoid being around me?
    D: No! You know I have a lot to get done before the boss comes back from vacation. Why would you ask that?
    Me: Because I think you hate seeing me............ like this.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------

    Me: I feel like I should be grieving. I can actually feel the cynicism and sarcasm dying inside of me. I’m chemically dissecting and murdering aspects of my personality as we speak to make myself more tolerable to others. And then what will be left? An empty fucking shell.
    Dad: Well, if you’d murder that foul language and smoking habit, I’d be happy.
    Me: *sigh* fuck.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------

    Me (anonymous over the phone): So these side effects are normal and upping the dose by 50mg every 4 days until I hit 200mg is a common way to prescribe?
    A Pharmacist: Yeah, problem is you don’t know what your maintenance dose is and won‘t for awhile. Some people maintain on 50mg, others need 400mg.
    Me (anonymous over the phone): I’m just trying to figure out right now if the ends justify the means and I really don’t know that I’m in a position to try to do that when all of this feels like a dream.
    A Pharmacist: Hon, it boils down to this- This is a tough drug to get on and you need to know, it’s just as tough getting off. You’re in for a rough ride.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------

    Me: I think I’m changing and I think I might hate what I’m changing into.
    Dad: Better the demons we know than the angels yet met, huh?

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    5 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger david james keaton said...

    i know nothing about your struggle, but i'm thinking if you're coming off something that's got to be a good thing, no matter who emerges.

    12:11 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Unfortunately this isn’t withdrawal. This is me trying to adjust to the Seroquel (and not handling the side effects very well).

    12:49 AM  
    Blogger Rose said...

    I love you.

    8:13 AM  
    Blogger Hum & Aepha said...

    Good luck on the Seroquel. I was on it for about a week but couldn't handle it. However, I know others who've benefited from it, so ... hang in there!

    12:14 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Ditto, Rose! And thank you!

    and ditto, Hum. I had to call my doctor today about the side effects. She told me to stop taking it right now (which scared the shit out of me). Apparently my system just can't do it. The severe cramps I woke up with today in conjunction with the "muscle movements" and everything else is just too much. I can't do it.

    3:26 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home