Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Bootstraps- a work related rant- revisited, revise...

All Work and No Play Makes Aza

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAEVYN!!!!

How To Survive A Pap-Smear

I should be featured on the Weather Channel…

Has it really come to this?

The malfunction of my sensibility organ

Sensibility and booze don't work well together

Come on, just do it...

HoW To KeEp A HeaLthY LeVel Of iNsAniTy aNd dRiVe ...


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Tuesday, August 22, 2006

    A bittersweet success

    The PTCB results were posted on the website this morning at 9am.

    I passed. D didn’t.

    I’m certain I didn’t pass by much, as I had no idea what the hell I was doing. It all looked like a foreign language to me. I feel like shit over it. If it had to be one or the other I had really hoped it’d have been him to make the grade. I was prepared for that very situation. Ready to sign up for the November test. Convinced I’d failed and he’d passed and I was fine with it. Him passing would have meant major financial burdens lifted (due to a substantial raise and promotion), major self confidence issues lifted etc., etc., etc. This was his second time taking it. He came so close last time (within 20 points)- I was just certain he'd passed.

    We won't get our actual scores for a few weeks. All the website provided was a "pass" or "fail" status.

    Now he's screwed for fall semester too. He just can't carry a 60+ hour a week job, studying for and retaking the PTCB in November, trying to get major marriage issues ironed out (if that's possible), health issues AND a part time fall term.

    For as pissed off and hurt as I am at him/with him (and I'm sure he is at/with me), regardless of where things go (as uncertain as our future is at the moment); I'm still happy and hopeful for his successes and terribly saddened by those goals he attempts to achieve but doesn't.

    When it rains, it fucking pours.

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    2 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger Hum & Aepha said...

    How torn you must feel. Maybe that ole cliche about 'when a door closes another opens' will come alive. Good luck.

    2:56 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    You hit the nail on the head. I want to be excited and proud of myself but at the same time I don't want to "rub it in his face". Then there's also a touch of bitterness over wanting to celebrate the fact that I'd passed but he felt like crap because he didn't so I just kind of swallowed everything.

    He's got this whole "I'm a dumbass" complex going right now. I'm trying to supportive and kind and a bit of a cheerleader. He's not making it easy.

    Thank you for the well wishes, I'm sure you're right- this too shall pass, it's all ever changing.

    12:58 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home