Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Praying

On IM querying

I'll shut up about work sooner or later...

Yawn

A bittersweet success

Bootstraps- a work related rant- revisited, revise...

All Work and No Play Makes Aza

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAEVYN!!!!

How To Survive A Pap-Smear

I should be featured on the Weather Channel…


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Wednesday, August 30, 2006

    Timothy Leary's dead

    No, no no no, he's outside looking in.…

    I’ve come to the conclusion that I must have some serious issues with my limbic system.

    In the last six years…
    Neurontin for quite awhile (anticonvulsant), Lamictal very briefly (which is another anticonvulsant) then, Klonopin (an anti-seizure) again, for quite awhile usually taken PRN (a big no-no). And a little of this and that in between that didn’t seem to work out so well either.

    A few weeks ago I played with the idea (and finally committed to it) that Klonopin would be a thing of the past in the near future. It’s addictive; over a period of time people tend to need more to get the same effect and it’s notorious for deepening depression. Seems to me that a person could begin playing psychosomatic games with themselves while taking it too.


    Humor my theory (or at least find the humor in my theory). Let’s say an individual has been diagnosed “anxiety disorder” (read: panic attack prone)- if you subscribe to that sort of thing- and prescribed Klonopin (yet they do not know the true nature of the beast/drug). After taking it, for the first time in a long time they’re not scared anymore. Keep in mind their “triggers” (those things that would normally induce a panic attack) are still hanging around, but now they’ve become somewhat unnoticed which in turn leaves them unaddressed. After taking the Klonopin for awhile these triggers, start being a little less unnoticed. So naturally the person would take more of said drug to reduce the possibility of going back to where they started. Still, the triggers go unaddressed (or they are addressed on purpose in the wrong ways which could delude a person into believing they are “getting to the core issues“ when in actuality it’s an excuse for taking more of the drug) and in the meantime an addiction is silently born. A nasty pattern begins. Thanks, I think I’ll pass Go and collect my $200 dollars.

    Now- as of yesterday anyway, Seroquel (a novel little antipsychotic) which is lacking such an addictive nature, is on the menu. I’m working my way around to taking trigger avoidance off of the menu.

    Anyone who’s ever taken a psychotropic knows that most of them can have the following three psychological impacts in common at the start (this is not always the sequence in which these commonalities fall, btw): The drooling zombie effect (heading you off at the pass, no, it’s no relation to the movie The Butterfly Effect). Then, a continual sneaking notion of “Whatever, fuck it” or “Who gives a shit? Cause right now I know I sure don’t!” and finally, feeling like you’re outside looking in. After a few days these three main symptoms tend to ease and either other symptoms set in (depending on the drug) or you begin to regain and maintain a semblance of “normalcy” (for lack of better terms while trying not to crack a smile).

    So in summary: standing outside looking in, that is. I have no idea where I was going to go with this.

    Oh! I remember now, I’ve come to the conclusion that I must have some serious issues with my limbic system. But that is how all of this started so- whatever, fuck it.

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    5 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger Hum & Aepha said...

    I am secretly addicted to Klonopin.

    8:17 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    So was/am I.

    8:32 PM  
    Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

    Take the klonopin. Seroquel made me lactate.

    9:59 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Holy crap!, I've heard about spontaneous lactation while taking Risperdal but not with Seroquel. That’s just scary!

    As for the Klonopin- I can’t do it. I’m starting to recognize that for me it’s aiding in my avoiding and or purposefully overlooking things in my life that shouldn’t (and can’t) be avoided or overlooked any longer.

    My doctor mentioned that it (as well as a few others like Neurontin) has (have) a bad reputation for bringing a person up and giving them just enough energy to act on suicidal thoughts. That seems a bit contradictory in a weird way considering it brings you up enough to kill yourself yet also deepens depression.

    Anyway, I’ve used it as a security blanket for too long now. It’s time for me to come out from under the blanket and try to figure out why I needed (or thought I needed) it in the first place.

    Here’s hoping I don’t add to my problems; I’ve got enough psychological bullshit on my plate right now. I don’t need to add spontaneous lactation to my list of issues.

    11:19 PM  
    Blogger david james keaton said...

    sweet! long post! hey, go to wyep.org to listen to my show. i'm on right now. you can request things ONLINE. craziness.

    11:22 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home