Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

A bittersweet success

Bootstraps- a work related rant- revisited, revise...

All Work and No Play Makes Aza

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAEVYN!!!!

How To Survive A Pap-Smear

I should be featured on the Weather Channel…

Has it really come to this?

The malfunction of my sensibility organ

Sensibility and booze don't work well together

Come on, just do it...


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Wednesday, August 23, 2006

    Yawn

    So, since I worked all damn day, and it wasn’t a particularly “good” day (and I‘ll be working an entire weekend- that‘ll probably suck too)- I’ve got an idea. How about I hire someone to allow me to lay here in my scrub top (because I was too tired/lazy to remove the entire ensemble when I got home), watch cartoons (or whatever’s on AMC or Discovery- I’m too tired/lazy to reach 3 feet for the remote), get me an icy beverage (with a bendy straw to minimize movement on my part), a lightly toasted bagel (with strawberry cream cheese please), provide a neck/shoulder massage, take down and brush my pretty hair and allow me to roll around and yawn while softly singing to me "When The World Ends"?

    No? I have to get off my tired, lazy ass and actually get something done?

    So how exactly do you fit two hours of chores into two minutes of energy?

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    14 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger DS said...

    try that easy button thing I see on tv. Seems to work for the people on the tv

    11:33 PM  
    Blogger david james keaton said...

    that Dave Matthews song was the only thing i liked about the Matrix Reloaded movie. but it was a cool spooky remix version. they played it in the credits. i think.

    you know, it's hard to massage somebody without them massaging you back. otherwise you both just anxiously wait for the moment when someone finally chooses to stand up and briskly clap their hands together to indicate it's over, kind of like Mr. Miagi. i can only keep giving a massage indefinitly, without waiting for a good time to stop, IF the other person at least reluctantly rubs my toe or something. call it a half-ass sixty-nine.

    1:23 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    I'm sorry to say my little Matthews fantasy and or the "easy" button did not manifest.

    So, now the chores are done and I'm watching one of the movies I rented on the way home from work- "Scary Movie 4" (I also got "Silent Hill" & "V For Vendetta")

    As for half assed massages- you'll know it's over (kinda) when the person you're massaging rolls over and says "Your turn", someone gets nekkid or both.

    1:34 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    BTW David- I fully intend on making a substantial donation to to the "David James Keaton Real Time Reviews Movie Rental Fund", or as I like to call it "DJKRTRMRF" if you can find the time to relax and review. I'd even be willing to not so reluctantly rub your toe.

    1:44 AM  
    Blogger david james keaton said...

    let me know how V for Vendetta is/was. i'm probably just going to do a blind purchase anyway since i read that comic book when i was in jr. high and i thought it was great back then (probably because it was all "adult")

    my stack of movies for tonight are from the library and being free makes them a more random selection:

    -Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    -Mo' Better Blues
    -Capote
    -A.I.
    -The Man Who Wasn't There
    -Tampopo

    but i'll probably just want Monk or Magnum PI all night

    1:51 AM  
    Blogger david james keaton said...

    oops, i mean "watch" Monk, not want him.

    sweet! you read the Real Time Reviews! which one did you read? leave comments! comments are all the satisfaction i get these days. those reviews are one of my more inspired ideas, actually. but most people just say "asshole, you ruined the movie!"
    i haven't done one in a while. i'll do one this weekend for ya (toe wiggling) weekends are good for them. they take a bit of endurance to write AND to read.

    1:56 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Excellent selection. I haven't seen Capote but I came damn close to renting it last week (everyone says it's great). As for Hitchhikers Guide- as always I was more impressed with the book (series). Somehow the book almost reminded me of a program my dad used to air at the radio station he worked at when I was little called "Ruby: Intergalactic Gum Shoe".

    I rented "Ran" from the library yesterday. Akira Kurosawa films never get old in my world.

    2:01 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    One of my guilty little pleasures- I've read all of them actually...and have been impatiently awaiting more. They appear to be quite the endeavor and slightly exhausting. However, the big pay off is they’re an awesomely hilarious read. Especially since I‘ve seen the movies you reviewed prior to reading the review. It’s weird but fun to watch a film through someone else’s eyes. I actually popped some popcorn and grabbed a soda when I read your review of Dreamcatcher.

    I never commented because they were written awhile back and I figured I'd look like a complete weirdo commenting on something written months ago.

    2:13 AM  
    Blogger david james keaton said...

    wow, yeah i just looked back and some of those are ancient, from years ago. with a disturbing amount of gay-bashing, too. i hate to use the Eminem defense, but i think i was trying to be ironic and use gay-bashing to bash people that bash 'em. or something. here's another cliche, even though it's true: "but some of my best friends are..."

    i captioned an episode of that Animal Precinct show at work today and thought of you and your cat rescue. those shows can be quite upsetting, and i've gritted my teeth through my share. what i don't understand is how any animal lover could work effectively around that kind of abuse, in spite of an animal lover probably being the best person for the job.
    it's a real paradox.

    hey! what are you doing up! you're in this timezone ain't ya? getting late around here. Hitchiker's Guide is better than it has any right to be since it's pretty much an unfilmable book(s). but i think that fake deleted scene of them running in yelling "fuck!" then saying to the director "this just doesn't feel right for this movie" was funnier than anything in the flick.

    i will now finish eating an entire box of cereal and attempt to finish the western script before i get sick of it.

    3:04 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    I didn't view it as gay bashing, I actually took it in the "Eminem" sense.

    Yeah, rescue sucks at times but there are big rewards when you're successful. A growing intense hatred toward humanity and toward myself- that's why I got out of veterinary work. I have 5 or 6 photo albums full of horrific pictures of abuse taken during various investigations.

    As for still being awake- I only sleep a few hours a night, usually between 5 and 9am. Long story behind that.

    What are you still doing up? (and what kind of cereal?)

    3:22 AM  
    Blogger david james keaton said...

    rice chex.

    and i'm up because if i go to sleep without writing some fiction or at least another couple scenes on this script, i'll wake up depressed and it'll take me forever to get my day going. that's what's happened the last two days. didn't do shit, fell asleep watching tv, then in the morning it was hard to even stand up and brush my teeth (the official starting line of any day)
    hopefully grad school starting monday will get me out of this nonproductive slump

    3:31 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    I'm re-reading your Pirates review. Eating the "Wanna be Fruit Loops but are really NEW! Fruity Cheerios" thing. It's hard not to choke when you're laughing so hard your head hurts with a mouth full of cereal.

    “nonproductive slumps” tend to evolve into moments of clarity driven brilliance. Once the fog lifts that is. Refocus on whatever your “muse” may be and don’t resist the creativity, regardless of how nonsensical it may seem at the moment or concern over where it may take your writing. (simply stated: "Don't be so hard on yourself")

    Do you intend to kick the term off with a celebration this weekend before hitting the books?

    Does this feel like an odd version of IMing?

    3:46 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    OH! Speaking of your script! I'd beg you to watch (if you haven't already) "Yojimbo" & "Sanjuro" even if you're not a fan of the genera. Both films were made in the spirit of old school American westerns and do an amazing job!

    If it served nothing more (even though they’re both highly entertaining) they’d at least lend to your already amazing perspective.

    4:21 AM  
    Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

    If you had superpowers, you could fit twenty hours of chores into two seconds of energy.

    I just like to pretend, "Oh, my parents are going to be here in two minutes. Time to clean."

    That, usually, works.

    11:30 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home