Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Alive- using the term loosely

What are your plans tonight?

What color is your aura?

Yeah, I thought it was touching, too.

Inner sanctum

Pass the popcorn, please

Well that was interesting- in a horrific sort of way

Cross sections of reality

A few beans shy of a burrito

The agenda tonight


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Tuesday, September 19, 2006

    NFL Network presents

    NFL Replay

    It really is a brilliant idea. It goes a little something like this…

    “NFL game broadcasts from the previous weekend, complete with original television announcers and cameras, will be re-televised on NFL Network, just days after their live airing.

    This marks the first-time in the 86-year history of the NFL that games from the NFL regular-season or playoffs are shown outside their live window.

    During the 2006 season, NFL Replay will feature four of the most exciting games from the weekend, re-airing exclusively on NFL Network Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

    Two contests will be shown each Tuesday and Wednesday night with 8 and 10:30 p.m. ET kickoff times.

    NFL Replay games will air in a 90-minute fast-paced format, without halftime and other elements not critical to the outcome. NFL Replay will tell the story of the game with additional features.

    In order to give the games context, NFL Network will add sideline and on-field sound captured during the game and post-game press conference sound bites.

    Other enhancements will include exclusive shots and camera angles from NFL Films, allowing fans an inside look at game action they did not see on Sunday. This will give fans a deeper understanding of the game, the players and the coaches.

    For example, if NFL Replay was featuring the Colts-Steelers AFC Divisional Playoff where Jerome Bettis fumbled late in the game, viewers would see related comments from Bettis, Bill Cowher and others immediately after the play, as well as slow-motion footage showing the play as it unfolded.

    NFL Network has the ability to select any NFL game for use on NFL Replay.”

    So there it is. My (less than) two cent contribution to football mania. The only thing that could make the whole “NFL Replay” idea even better is if during every play- and I mean Every. Play. they synced it to the Benny Hill theme song (Yakety Sax). And why not? Most of us already saw the game Sunday; why not spice it up a little so we can relive those precious moments "Benny Hill style"?

    And now you know why I laugh my ass off during most games.

    (P.S. Kudos to you TMC, for rockin' the Kurosawa films!)

    ---------------------------------------------

    2 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

    There is one basic problem with this concept. It's a good one. That reflects a large percentage of chance it will never happen. Which, I think, is a sad statement in a number of ways. I have become jaded by the world, perhaps, and/or am too much of a realist.

    It is very well thought out; I say take a shot. Write it up and send it in to "The Powers That Be". What is there to lose?

    I've had a thought about golf on television; other than watching paint dry or grass grow being more exciting. I love to play golf. Before I started playing, though, solely from trying to watch on tv I thought it was the silliest game. You can not possibly understand the flow when you go from someone putting to someone else putting to someone teeing off to someone else putting to someone hitting from the fairway to someone else teeing off...blah...blah...blah...blah...

    I think they would do well putting a box in the corner of the screen and following one player. Not necessarily the leader. It would be interesting, I think, for people who understand the game, as the pros are not perfect and that can be nice to see, as well as for those interested in learning.

    What do you think?

    7:32 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    I don't know a whole lot about golf other than I've always wanted to learn how to play. Sadly, with my temper, I'd probably turn it into a full contact sport (just call me Happy Gilmore).

    I think your box idea is great. It'd be super helpful to those of us interested in but not educated on the sport.

    2:52 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home