Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Well that killed 10 minutes...

I’m sick

Fuck Off Friday

This is why my dad rocks…

I was a meme virgin until…

Year of the infant

Happy Mothers Day...

I didn’t go to the gym last night but I did the ne...

It’s a depressing state of affairs!

101 reasons I am the coolest person that ever lived


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Tuesday, June 12, 2007

    I’d have cried if I thought it’d do any good

    The other day was off to a fan-fucking-tastic start! Let me tell you all about it...

    So, I get to sleep around 6am only to be ripped awake by my dog freaking the hell out at 7. I woke with such a start I scared the hell out of the cat who was sleeping peacefully on my left leg. Said fear drove said cat into attempting to not so surgically remove my leg. The dog only goes this nuts when someone is trying to come on the property without introductions. So I throw on a robe ignoring my bloody stump of a leg and stomp outside with the intention of shredding the fucker that has my dog going insane at 7am and who is now in my mind responsible for my leg getting torn to hell. What do I find? Cujo….in the driveway……attempting to kill the neighbors cat. My dog, who loves my (INDOOR ONLY) kitties and is fiercely protective over them. So naturally I yelled “WTF!!!!!!!”, he spun around with a shocked look on his fat doggie face and yelled back “OH SHIT!!!!” and then proceeded to take off running.

    Now let me just say, I’ve been doing rescue and rehab for way too many years to have this kind of bullshit go down on my property. Everyone gets along or there’s hell (in Aza form) to pay. I immediately went to aid kitty who was pretty fucked up by the whole experience. The entire time all I could muster for rational thought aside from veterinary first aid was “What the fuck was that dog thinking!?!? He knows better!!!”. He had retreated to his run which I promptly locked him in (for his safety). I gave the cat some water and came back inside to tell Dad what was going on and call D for secondary advice.

    What did I get from these two mental giants? Dad: “Well since the dog is locked up the cat will go home right?” Me: “Dad, it would appear from her breathing that the cat has at least two broken ribs, maybe a punctured lung and is in general pretty fucked up from what I can tell without being at the clinic”. Dad: “I’m not sure what to do, you worked at a vet so you know what to do right?” Me: “This is fucking ridiculous! That damn dog!!!”

    I called D. Me: “You’re not going to believe what the fucking dog did!!! Blah, blah, blah -insert story here-. And so now I don’t know what to do. I don’t know who the cat belongs to, she is not critical so I don’t see rushing to the E.R. clinic (plus, I don’t trust the sorry sack of skin on call there this morning) but she needs a vet, D. What the fuck was he thinking!? We have baby KFC refugees* running the property that he hasn’t so much as looked at twice. He’s great with our kitties!” D: “Hon, all I can suggest is you wait for the regular vet to open and take her in.” Me: “I refuse to bring this cat inside. I don’t know her health and I’ll be damned if I risk our kitties with FeLV or FIV (two of which are FeLV positive as it is).” D: “Well, you’re going to have to figure something out, I’ve got to go back to work.” Me: “This is fucking ridiculous! That damn dog!!!”

    As I’m going back outside I decided to put her in a large carrier, wait for the vet to open and take her in. When I get back around to the driveway I see her at the front of the property jumping the fence heading back in the direction that I can only guess she lives.

    So then the neighbors dogs who run the streets because those white trash fuckers next door have no regard for the leash law, their animals safety, etc. etc. etc. chase the cat under my car. Well this sends me over the fucking top. I’ve not gotten any decent sleep in days, my leg is encrusted with a pint of dried blood, my dog is an idiot and my dad and D at this point aren’t far behind the dog in my opinion. So I chased the neighbors dogs off; while doing so, kitty disappeared. The whole situation had me so mad I was ready to start at the beginning of the street knocking on doors and beating the ever loving shit out of anyone who answered while lecturing them on the importance on indoor kitties, fully fenced property for roaming dogs, leash laws that apply to both dogs and cats and overall respect for the neighbors who take proper care of their pets and are in general, not white trash.

    I came back inside, took half a Klonopin to avoid an impending panic attack which also pissed me off because I haven’t taken one in weeks now. I sit down, take a deep breath and try to relax. I have to go to work today. It’s over, I’m going to nurse my frayed nerves and try to get a few more hours sleep. Then I hear a boom in the distance. A boom that sounds just like a power transformer blowing up. I sat back and started to laugh- seconds later, the power goes out. Now I can’t go back to sleep even if I was calm enough and wanted to because the alarm has a dead back up battery.

    The power came back on pretty quick so then I sat there wondering- What’s next?

    And then a bunch of other stupid crap happened and stuff. And I'm still a week later worried sick about the kitty.




    You're a bad dog!!!





    * The “KFC refugees” are a flock of baby chickens that magically appeared out of nowhere. One day a few weeks back I walked out to the garden and there they were. So naturally I granted them political asylum, went to the feed and grain store and bought them food. FEMA apparently doesn’t give a shit about refugee chickens.

    Labels: , ,

    ---------------------------------------------

    11 Thoughts On The Subject

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    trinity67 says: I'm so pleased that you're an animal lover - I too would've fed the KFC refugees. I love animals quite possibly, more than I love people.

    11:16 AM  
    Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

    Poor doggy. How do you know he wasn't being attacked? Maybe he was just defending himself against a feral cat. Give him a Milk Bone and rub his tummy.

    7:54 PM  
    Blogger tfg said...

    Jesus, that's how neighbors get shot.

    10:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Klonopin definitely helps. Personally i feel the whole 'people and their animals' thing is totally out of control. Don't get me started or i will have to have a klonopin.

    10:41 PM  
    Blogger lattégirl said...

    Neh, 'tis not a bad doggy.

    Dogs are surprising in the way they treat other animals; they will act as though the in-house kitties are their friends/children, but outdoor animals are fair game (no pun intended). My own dogs are this way. I have friends whose dogs are this way. Bring a kitten into the house, that dog will lick it. Drop it outside on the porch, the dog will eat it.

    I came here hoping for a Fuck-off Friday, but I'll make do with a 4-day-old post :)

    11:16 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh yeah BTW, my dear: I posted your link on a Canadian blog that has a lot of readers -- I hope they come your way :)

    2:31 PM  
    Blogger Chunks said...

    I am here via Lattegirl who informed me that since I like to swear, I might enjoy your blog. Well, I gotta say this.

    I fricken love it!

    I'm off to read more about you so if you have a sitemeter, don't be panicked, I'm not a stalker! hahah!

    3:48 PM  
    Blogger lattégirl said...

    Chunks is the person I sent here! Yay Chunks!

    11:30 PM  
    Blogger Jay said...

    I think you missed out on a grand chance to save yourself some money on dog food.

    2:36 PM  
    Blogger Scary Monster said...

    Mama said there'll be days like this,
    There'll be days like this Mama said
    (Mama said, mama said)
    Mama said there'll be days like this,
    There'll be days like this my Mama said
    (Mama said, mama said)
    I was sleepin the other day,
    Everything was going fine,
    Then my dog tried to eat a little pussy
    And then I almost lost my mind


    Feel free to add in your own verses.

    STOMPIN.

    8:53 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Trinity- It’s good to see you stop by! I was pretty much born into the whole animal rescue thing. Couldn’t imagine doing anything else.

    Dyck- Yes, poor little doggy. Street people envy my dog (and they‘d probably be more grateful than he is)!

    tfg- Those fuckers will be the death of me….right after I’m the death of them.

    Anon- I just got a refill. Come on by, we’ll have a glass of wine, pop a couple and rant about how fucking stupid most pet owners are!

    lattégirl- I won’t put up with it. I invest way too much on every level in the rescue I do to have him act a fool. Fo shizzel‘! Thanks for the linkage and props- you rock!

    Chunks- Welcome to the nightmare!!! Sit and stay a spell- I leave my bathroom cabinets unlocked.

    Portland- For every door that closes a window opens. I didn’t miss an opportunity- you’re welcome to come for a visit and I can still save on puppy chow!

    Scary- I think I may love you for that.

    10:41 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home