Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

HSN, you get an “A”- for asinine!

2 Freakin' Years!?

Being an asshole can be expensive

An open letter to the Potential Deadbeat eBay Seller

Yeah, I'm here

Because it’s gratis and it’s poop. It’s gratis poop!

Who the hell is that and do I really care!?

tap, tap, tap…Is this thing on?

I'll update soon...

Mental wards fucking ROCK!!!


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Monday, February 25, 2008

    Into the abyss

    18 years ago today my mom was killed in a car accident somewhere around 9pm. She was 44 years old. She left behind two daughters, a son, a husband that loved her more than life, a mother and numerous friends. I was 11, my sister was 14 and my brother was 18.

    I was going to write a lengthy post about how her death ruined impacted the family. How a disabled man was left to raise two young daughters on his own. The absolute disbelief and horror that washed across his face when the police officers came to our front door to deliver the news. What it’s like as a little girl to see your mother laying in a open but veil covered casket because of the severity of her injuries. How odd and cold her fingers felt when I slipped my hand beneath the veil to touch her one last time. To hear your father weep and cry out your mothers name in his sleep. The psychiatric problems associated with losing a parent violently and suddenly at such a formidable age. The regret you carry when the last words you speak to a mother that is minutes away from being killed are hateful and nasty. How it feels to never be able to look her in the eyes and say “I’m so sorry”. To dream about her crying. What it’s like to have to discuss as a young girl your first period, the difference between tampons and pads, and every other “mommy - daughter” conversation you can imagine, with your dad. How it feels to watch a sister spiral down into an abyss of alcoholism from childhood to adulthood- the same abyss that swallowed your mother.

    I was going to explain in depth and detail all of the above and so much more. Most importantly, I was going to explain how it all could have been avoided had she just not gotten behind the wheel drunk.

    But here’s the thing, I’m not going to go into the depth and detail of any of it any more than I already have (please hold your applause). I’d rather go back to bed.

    Labels: , ,

    ---------------------------------------------

    7 Thoughts On The Subject

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow....

    I know it's hard. I'm sorry....

    6:29 PM  
    Blogger Kojak said...

    I know this is a tough day sweety, but I promise we Will get through it. I will always be there for you. Love Ya....

    7:17 PM  
    Blogger lattégirl said...

    My God, Aza. This is so terribly sad. I'm so sorry.

    9:16 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    To All- Thanks for the kind thoughts. I know that post was a bit “intense”- as is life at times.

    3:43 PM  
    Blogger lattégirl said...

    I never expect less than intense from you. I remember the first time I came here, it was one of your "FUCK OFF" posts. I was enthralled and envious. Stayed ever since.

    Will stick by you evermore for the intensity.

    3:26 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It was a horrible time. I can not even imagine the loss.
    May God Bless amd Comfort you.Rick

    11:57 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Lattegirl- I’m trying to drum another one of those posts up. Had a bad couple of weeks there but I’m workin’ on it!

    Rick- Thank you for your kind thoughts. I was really surprised at how hard the anniversary of her death hit me this year. I’ve always grieved more for my father- his loss of a 19 year marriage and wife- never so much for myself because my mother and I didn’t have a very functional relationship. This year was a tough one.

    11:53 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home