Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Thanks for nothing Fay! And an open letter to a sc...

A sad day for comedy indeed

Another post about ta-ta's

My Dad...

Be my support. Be my strength. Be my bra…

It’s official

It’s not a tumor and

Have you seen these?

A fellow blogger and one of the sweetest people ar...

I'm Hit!


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Tuesday, September 23, 2008

    Who turned on the cool?

    So on a Monday you’ve got 98 degrees worth of swimming in ass crack sweat soup heat, add a dash of humidity to that and you’ve got 105 degrees worth of sweltering hell heat. Then the very next day the high is 85, it’s breezy and the temp is dropping down into the high 60’s low 70’s at night. Usually ‘round these parts fall slips in quietly, as the cooling process is so subtle it’s hardly noticed- Welcome to Florida. Not this year, this year it’s like someone flipped a switch and turned on the cool overnight. I’m not complaining mind you, quite the contrary, I think the weather is fabulous! I’m at my best come pumpkin season. Now golfing, riding the motorcycle, fishing, outdoor festivals and shooting at the range don’t end with your skin melting off along with the SPF 800 you applied beforehand. Cooking and trying new recipes is fun because you can open the kitchen windows and tempt the entire neighborhood. Speaking of new recipes, I tried making orange cream parfaits last night to follow up the fried bream that Kojak and I caught, they were wonderful! Think I’ll try chocolate or sweet cream stuffed strawberries tonight or tomorrow.

    Fay and Hannah, the baby squirrels that another police officer gave to Kojak after the winds of Fay knocked them out of a tree are growing fast and eating like little pigs. Their eyes are open and they’re all over the place now. I don’t normally post a whole lot about my rescue but since a few people have inquired as to how they’re doing I figured I’d post a few pics.

    Here they are when they first came in....



    Trying pecans...



    But still insisting on the bottle...





    So there’s a bit of the latest, lots more going on but that's all I've got time for now. Note to self: Remember to post about Pogo, Pagan Pride day festival, drive by's and Jessie.

    Labels: , , ,

    ---------------------------------------------

    11 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger Eric said...

    Okay... Where the hell have you been?????

    7:41 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    This particular month long hiatus was somewhat health related and somewhat related to just being damned busy. So basically I got caught by the flu for two weeks only to follow it up with one hell of a massive kidney infection (at this point I suspect the Cipro is killing the infection by killing its host- me). Lace my recent stint of shitty health with running my ass off, taking care of sick or infant critters and I left myself with virtually no time to hang here and bitch.

    12:49 AM  
    Blogger lattégirl said...

    Always glad to see you back and bitching. Those squirrels are just too darned cute for their own good. What will you do with them eventually? A brother cared for orphaned chipmunks once and then released them into the woods behind his house. For a couple of months they stayed close by, often coming running when someone came outside (and even playing "chase" with my then-young nephews!). Gradually, instinct took over and off they went.

    Speaking of cool, do you have a motorcycle? If so, I am green with envy. I have been seeing lots more biker chicks lately. It is a faint dream to own one myself, some day.

    7:19 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    They’re certainly a handful, especially when you’re sick. It’s worth every minute though when you start the release process. Very sweet of your brother. Most folks won’t let these little guys be what they are- wild animals. The cute factor makes unfortunate wildlife end up as “pets” which happens to be a cardinal sin to us rehabbers. It’s so rewarding to watch them fulfill their God given potential after release. For these two that process will begin early next spring when they’re big enough to build nests and defend territory. My grandparents had a summer home in Wisconsin. My mom and grandfather had tamed the local chipmunks to the point of hopping up in your lap for food.

    I’ve been wanting a motorcycle since I was a teenager but have held back from buying one because of the danger factor. The folks in this city have no respect for motorcyclists whatsoever. I’ve vowed not to buy one until taking the driving course offered by a friend of Kojak’s who happens to be a retired motorcycle highway patrolman. Even at that, when I ride on Kojak’s bike (his is the only one I’ll ride on since he’s had the training on how to drive it) I always without exception wear my helmet, glasses, boots, jeans and plated jacket. He’s told me about dozens of accidents he rode up on while on patrol. The last one (earlier this year) was horrific, the guy had his leg ripped completely off just above the knee- of course he died. I’m keeping my eye out for the perfect 1100 cruiser and settling for riding bitch on his 1600 cruiser for now.

    12:29 PM  
    Blogger lattégirl said...

    I rode bitch (what a horrible expression!) to Vermont in August without, let it be said, proper gear except for helmet. I almost bought myself a bike when I was 26 but had a premonition that I wouldn't live to see 27 if I followed through. I have no idea if I'll ever be able to afford one now anyway. It's nice to think about, though.

    9:19 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Same here in Georgia. Feels like Fall just popped in rather quickly.

    No complaints as it makes it feel much more like Football weather!! :)

    The squirrels are neat. You gonna keep them through adulthood?

    5:10 PM  
    Blogger Mrs. "Smith" said...

    I love that first sentence. And I love fall weather, too. Being able to turn on the oven again or able to have something simmering all day on the stove makes me happy. And the guys get happy when I pull out my Le Cruset pot; they know they're going to have something good for dinner.

    11:31 PM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Lattégirl- Live the fantasy my friend. I’d try to finance one, first chance you get!

    Slick- I went into a massive depression at the end of last football season, the Golf channel and NFL replay was enough to hold me over until this season started. I went to our first preseason game- it was like shaking hands with an old friend- if you catch my meaning.

    As for the furry little eat machines, the release process will begin next spring.

    Mrs. Smith- I’m a huge crock pot fan and I love, love, love to bake!

    12:51 AM  
    Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

    texas is having a cold front...it's 90 days, 57 at night..thanks for stopping by and saying howdy...
    the squirells are too cute for words..

    7:23 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Yellowdog Granny- Ditto, thanks for coming by as well. As for the squirrels, they’re cute but the little bastards are eating me outta house and home!

    11:50 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Aza,
    The squirrels, as they get older, will think that you are their mother. They will come to you and eat out of your hand.

    Please, please, as they become mature, DO NOT grab them or handle them. They will bite you and they have very powerful jaws. My friend found a baby and raise him to an adult, then she kept him a big pen. He got out and came to her and then she grabbed him to put him back into the pen. He bit her finger and it took two months to heal. So be careful.

    Gerald
    So Louisiana

    3:36 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home