Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Happy Easter to all of my peeps!

Another open letter

I recently came upon this blog over at Googly Moogly…

I love sports!

Apparently the rules have changed

Still messing around with the template

Playing with templates

Crazy people, the black plague and internal hemorr...

Warning: Work related rant to follow...

Great Googly Moogly needs YOU!


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Monday, April 17, 2006

    Yet another open letter....this time to God

    God, if you’re listening....or reading this (btw, please blogroll me)...

    First, Thank you for whatever hand you played in my dad turning 59 today. We know he wasn’t supposed to live to see his 18th birthday after the accident but here he is, 59 going on 16. After dinner, I bought him 3 “quick pick” lottery tickets, so ummmm, if you have a hand in running the numbers- he’s the one! I mean come on! You hardly ever see disabled people winning the lottery, much less high functioning paraplegics. Look at it this way- he not only survived a car accident that according to the doctors should have killed him. He survived raising two daughters and a stepson. He survived being married to an abusive alcoholic for 19 years (that he loved/s more than anything else in the world)- that is, until she killed herself in a car wreak in 1990 leaving him with an 11 year old going off the deep end (me) and a 14 year old who didn’t (and still doesn’t, btw) give a shit about anything but herself (Krazy K)- to care for alone. He lost his sister, mother, father-in-law and wife in a four year span for cryin’ out loud! And to top it all off you know that this is just the very tip of the ice-burg. If you could throw him that 84 million dollar bone I’d be ever so grateful. If anyone deserves it, he does.

    Uh, also, I think I’ve contracted the plague- it certainly feels that way. If there’s any way you could help protect dad and D from catching it, that’d be great too. Neither of them can physically afford to get sick- which leads me to dad being extraordinarily concerned for my personal wellbeing. If you hadn’t noticed, I looked three shades of dead at dinner tonight and well, it kind of freaked him out. He’s very worried so if you could send him some “it’s all good” vibes (read: Aza isn’t dying although she feels like it and thinks she is, vibes) that’d be great.

    I have to work tomorrow, I need this job (or at least right now I think I do). Don't get me wrong, I’m not asking for a “miracle healing” overnight or anything like that but it’d be wonderful if you could direct me toward those herbs, meds and things in general that will lead to the quickest possible recovery so I will quit wishing I were dead because I hurt so bad. Oh, and something that will make the garbage I’m coughing up taste like anything other than putrid flesh (read: a five day old dead persons lungs.)

    Thanks for your attention in these matters.

    P.S. When I’m rolling around, clutching my heating pad, drinking cough medicine like water, coughing up a lung in my 102 degree delirium at 3am please disregard the string of obscenities and expletives that will follow.

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    4 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger david james keaton said...

    you should write your open letter to god(s) instead of god to hedge your bets a bit. when in greece, you know?

    thanks for the kind words 3 posts ago. i put up another short story, but inspired by the fact that someone out there actually read something i wrote and felt the urge to comment on it, i quickly yanked that story to fix some continuity problems and weed out the mistakes. see what i'm saying? like jack nicholson said in that crappy As Good As It Gets (which is actually a complete rip-off of the much superior "Accidental Tourist"):
    "You make me want to be a better man!"

    hey, is this the blog where i read about someone shooting out your tire? the colors changed and i got confused. anyway, i like stopping by here to read too.

    no joke. thanks for reading my stuff. feedback gooooood.

    12:53 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Aza, I just love you. I come over here, and even with a serious post, you make me giggle with your ability to put together words in such a way that shows that you look at the world with a sense of humor. Compassion, but humor, and that's a very good thing.

    Happy belated birthday to your Dad! I'm so glad he's there with you to celebrate. :) Oh, and I'm sending some good lottery mojo his way, too! :)

    As for you, m'dear, you need to get some rest and take care of yourself!!! I realize that may not always be the easiest thing to do, but hey, I can hope, right? LOL

    Hope that today is a better day for you!! ((((Hugs))))

    7:43 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Maevyn, Thanks so much for the well wishes! I hope this shit passes soon so I can move on with my life. A few of my friends that I’ve known for years that read this blog bitch that I write exactly as I speak. They say so much is lost without the inflection and stupid faces I make when talking about situations. I’m so glad at least a bit of it still comes through. As I see it, life at times has the potential for being really horrible place. If you can laugh at the boogy man (or at the very least flip him off) it tends to make existing a bit more interesting.

    You’re great people, Maevyn. Thanks again.

    5:34 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Heya David, thanks for coming by.

    Yep, same place, different look.

    I was wondering where your story went! I really hope you put it back up soon; out of the ones I’ve read, it ranks as one of the best. It’s so rare to find a writer that doesn’t treat his audience like children by playing connect the dots with them showing them how to get from A to B to C to D. It seems as though you offer the dots and we as readers are permitted to connect them ourselves (and each time the story is read, either a new picture emerges adding on to the original (giving it that “multidimensional“ feel) or the one presented is seen in new light or finer detail).

    5:50 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home