Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Mother's Day

That's just gross!

What!?

Now Playing On A DVD Player Near You...

What a waste of life, space and time...

100+ Things

Ahhhh...

Random Happenings (in a bulleted format)

25 to LIFE

Wishing all a Happy May Day


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Monday, May 15, 2006

    I buy and am bought for, therefore I'm broke

    D came to my job on mother’s day and presented three cards and a gift. One card from him, one from the kitties and one from the dogs. The gift- a beautiful gold butterfly pendant and matching earrings encrusted with diamonds. I stood there staring with a big fat dumb “DUH” look on my face. The moment was broken when my pharmacist walked by and said “What’s that for, you’re not a mother.” D replied with “She may not be a mom but she’s the best wife in the world.” I’m still a little dumbstruck over it. I’m not a big jewelry person because I’d rather pay bills than buy myself (or ask for) sparkly things. Man o’ man, when D buys it, since he knows it’s such a rare thing, he goes all out! If he was going for ‘shocked, amazed and beyond grateful’: Mission Accomplished!

    Thinking back over the last week I feel kind of bad. Earlier in the week I fell into the retail therapy trap. I was a little bummed so I bought myself a ‘90 days on the new job, pat yourself on the back for not going postal’ present which was the Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law, Vol. 1 box set. Then a few days later I was in Walgreens and saw the Spin Spa (*in a big booming voice*) As Seen On TV!!!!! and just had to buy it. D rolled his eyes when he saw it. “Aza, you know that ’as seen on TV’ crap is just that. Crap.” To my and D’s surprise, it works great and I love it! He bought his mom one for mother’s day. (Here’s where I can already hear some saying “Whoa! Wait a minute! D bought you super expensive jewelry and his own mother a Spin Spa??? WTF!?” There’s a loooong story behind D’s relationship with his mother and we’ll just leave it at- she’s lucky she got anything for mother’s day.) Anyway, the Spin and box set was $40 bucks I could have lived without spending- especially after what D spent on the gift.

    Looking on the upside, I won $50 dollars on a scratch off today so I guess the $40 I spent is now covered.

    ---------------------------------------------

    0 Thoughts On The Subject

    Post a Comment

    << Home