Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

How’s that for honesty?

It’s hard work!

300.........assholes!

Early morning conversations...

Ever have one on those days where everything you e...

Something Evil Has A Hard On For Me

Yeah, smart move asshat!

Are we enamored with the anus?

He's My Favorite Boy

SWAT Team Hand Signals


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Sunday, April 08, 2007

    Easter- that’s a novel idea!

    So hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years ago today the Father of Christianity arose from the grave and ascended to the heavens alone without holding a major grudge against humanity for their insolence.

    And hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years later- today I arose from bed and ascended to the laundry mat alone holding dirty drawers and a major grudge against humanity for my current circumstances.

    See the similarities?


    Take it easy now…I can already hear the peanut gallery shouting “Blasphemy !!!” from the very tops of their soap box pulpits. Before jumping to conclusions and resorting to name calling (or crucifixion) lets take a closer look at how the world spins shall we? My above rant, when really read says “I’m so tired of spending the holidays alone”. It’s a pity party- plain, simple. It’s about me, not the holiday.

    But we can’t have the peanut gallery shouting “Blasphemy” for nothing now can we? So I’ll give you honest blasphemy.

    A couple thousand years ago a man was hung from a cross to die a slow and agonizing death. And for what? An idea. A concept. A way of life that was meant to end all wars and unite all peoples. A gentle thought process that would later be so twisted by world leaders- devotion (or lack of devotion) to it would start tremendous wars. Millions upon millions would die. Which is exactly what that man on that cross was there trying to avoid. Sounds blasphemous to me.

    And how is appreciation for that horror expressed? By marrying it somewhere along the line. A truly beautiful Pagan holiday known as Ostara was tossed into the mix by high officials in an attempt to force conversion. Forced conversion. Heh, sounds stupid doesn’t it? Forcing people to convert to a gentle and kind thought process and lifestyle when they’ve already found one. So now we’ve got the crucifixion/resurrection and Ostara all mixed up together. The result? A nifty little holiday called Easter! We wake to baskets filled with chocolate depictions of rabbits nested in fake grass, go to church to watch the sunrise- symbolic of Christ rising from his tomb, come home to hunt hard boiled and dyed eggs in our backyards- symbolic of fertility and spring and then finalize the celebration by sacrificing a pig errr, I mean, dining upon spiral sliced honey baked ham!- symbolic of the last supper. (isn‘t there something in the Bible about eating animals with cloven hooves?)

    So now the question that begs to be asked…Are we doing proper justice to and respectfully honoring both holidays by allowing them to converge in upon one another or during that convergence have we lost the true meaning and beauty in both?

    If we’re dealing in spiritual principals rather than dogmatic particulars- I’d like to think we’re getting the best of both.

    So, Happy Day to you…I’ve got laundry to do.

    Labels:

    ---------------------------------------------

    4 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

    When you're done with your laundry, don't forget to bleach my shorts.

    7:33 PM  
    Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

    I knew I forgot to do something - effing laundry!

    9:42 PM  
    Blogger tfg said...

    Yet another reason why I eschew underwear.

    4:20 PM  
    Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

    I eschewed underwear once. Tasted kinda salty.

    6:12 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home