Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

What is "In three pieces", Alex?

I didn’t catch a cold, a cold caught me!

Into the abyss

HSN, you get an “A”- for asinine!

2 Freakin' Years!?

Being an asshole can be expensive

An open letter to the Potential Deadbeat eBay Seller

Yeah, I'm here

Because it’s gratis and it’s poop. It’s gratis poop!

Who the hell is that and do I really care!?


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Wednesday, April 09, 2008

    I felt like you should probably know this…

    I’ve been busy. VERY busy. Kojak posts more about what’s going on in my world than I do- so if you want an update, go check out his blog. I’m still here, among the living dead, just busy. VERY busy.

    So when I stumbled across the below I felt that I should share this information immediately. This crap is vital!

    Top 10 Useless Body Parts
    By The Science Channel

    When you're sick you may feel that certain body parts are more trouble than they're worth. And in some cases, you'd be right. While the human body has evolved and adapted significantly since the caveman days, a few biological traces of our prehistoric ancestors still remain with us in the form of freeloading body parts we lug around with us, but have no use for. Take a gander at the top offenders!

    10. Plica semilunaris
    You may not know it, but you have a third eyelid. Pull open the two more noticeable eyelids and take a look -- it's located right in the corner by the tear duct. This small third eyelid is left over from what's known as a "nictitating membrane," which is still present in full form in some animals including chickens, lizards and sharks.

    9. Body hair
    No doubt we were once hairier. Up until about 3 million years ago, we were covered with body hair. But by the time Homo erectus arrived, the ability to sweat meant we could shed our woolly ways.

    8. Sinuses
    Doctors don't really know much about sinuses -- only that we have a lot of them. Possibilities for their function range from insulating our eyes to changing the pitch and tone of our voice.

    7. Adenoids
    Adenoids trap bacteria, but they're also prone to swelling and infection. Just ask any 7-year-old. Luckily, our adenoids shrink with age and are often removed, along with ...

    6. Tonsils
    Also prone to swelling and infection. If you still have them when you reach your 30's, it's almost an accomplishment.

    5. Coccyx
    More useful as a game-winning Scrabble word than as part of the anatomy, the coccyx or tailbone, is made up of several fused vertebrae left over from the olden days when we had tails.

    4. Arrector pili
    When we were hairier (see No. 9), the arrector pili made the hairs stand on end when we needed to appear bigger and scarier. Now, it just gives us goose bumps.

    3. Wisdom teeth
    Back in the day, when we ate mammoth meat off the bone and didn't floss afterward, our teeth tended to fall out. Therefore, when those reserve molars, aka "wisdom teeth," came in, they were welcomed. Nowadays, fluoride and dental plans have made them just a huge pain.

    2. Appendix
    Darwin claimed the appendix was useful for digestion during our early plant-eating years; it's dwindled down to little since we started eating more digestible foods.

    1. Male nipples
    Because, why?

    Labels: , , ,

    ---------------------------------------------

    5 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger Kojak said...

    Hey sweety !!! I am so glad you are posting something. I know I have been keeping you so unbelievably busy. I know that I am not alone in saying I miss your post, they are always interesting and informative. Love You, Kojak

    4:17 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Welcome back.

    11:51 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Kojak- Hahahaha! I’ve heard my rants described as a lot of things but never “informative“! Much love, hon!

    Fuzzys Dad- Thanks and welcome to my little hole in the net!

    11:45 PM  
    Blogger lattégirl said...

    I knew about the tailbone but not the rest -- that's some freaky trivia about the human body.

    They say ("they") that our littlest toe is also going to disappear eventually, assuming the human species lives long enough.

    12:54 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    Latté Girl- My littlest toe nearly disappeared this past week when I almost ripped the damn thing off on the bed post!

    12:32 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home