Surreptitious Psychosis
A Peek In My Head...

Putting the "fun" in disfunctional since 1978!




Name: Aza
From: Florida, United States

I reject your reality and substitute my own

More Useless Crap To Know About Me

100+ Things

Who The Hell Is She Talking About!?

My Calendar


Chinwag

Email

IM: Surreptitious_Psychosis (yahoo)

The Other Day I Said...

Another open letter to God

As I've Matured...

HEY! Assmonkey!!!

A new CD

And a brand new baby enters the world

It’s disconcerting, really

Pucker up buttercup

I buy and am bought for, therefore I'm broke

Mother's Day

That's just gross!


Going Retro

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
September 2009

"Labels"

*Still Under Construction*

  • I'm Not Right In The Head

  • Goofy Pics

  • Shit I've Jacked

  • I Should Have Joined A Convent

  • Fuck Off Friday

  • Rants Raves And Bitching In General

  • Saving Grace

  • Open Letters

  • The Freak Gene

  • Happy? Holidays

  • A Slice Of Spam

  • My Psychosis

  • Everyone's A Critic

  • White Trash Theatrics

  • I’ll Take Medical Bullshit For $50 Alex

  • It’s Work Therefore I Bitch

  • Just Another Stupid Story

  • It’s Altruistic


  • Other Blogs


    Join BloggerChicks

    Join BloggerChicks


    Saturday, May 20, 2006

    He lived and the phone rang

    The passenger, after crashing in the ambulance was resuscitated. He lived.

    When D got home this afternoon he shared the good news. I was thrilled.

    Then the phone rang.

    D’s job called because the parents of the young man ejected from the car and killed were there and wanted to speak to him. The father got on the phone and asked D what had happened. He said the police wouldn’t tell them anything. He wanted to know if his son had been driving. D explained that his son was the driver and upon impact was thrown from the car. He told him his son didn’t suffer and died instantly. The man said “Thank you for trying to help my son.” All D could say was “I’m so very sorry.” D got off of the phone quickly. He was terrified that the father would ask what condition his son was in when D ran up to the accident.

    Afterward, he looked at me and said “What would I have said if his father had pushed for details? The kid was in really, really bad shape. I couldn't tell him that.” I told him that if the parents came back to ask more questions to try to be as supportive as possible and if they wanted details on their sons physical condition to tell them that after he knew their son had passed he tried to help the other kid trapped in the car. I told him that no matter how hard they pushed not to go into detail about his condition. I explained to him that the parents will know their sons condition soon enough. They will get a copy of the medical examiners report along with the death certificate. No one needs to know the gruesome details. Better they understand his physical trauma through the eyes of a medical examiner who can be professional than the eyes of someone fresh on the scene who will be emotional.

    The phone call has pushed him into a deeper depression. I’m not asking questions, God knows he’s getting enough of that at his job. The rumor mill is so bad there that someone actually came up to him today and asked him “what happened when he was giving the dead kid CPR”. Sick, sick, sick people. All they want are the gory details. They have no clue what D is going through emotionally right now.

    I’m so thankful at least one of them lived. It’s a small ray of light in a big black void.

    ---------------------------------------------

    2 Thoughts On The Subject

    Blogger Rose said...

    You guys are in my thoughts today. Heaping overflowing cups of mojo your way.

    8:55 AM  
    Blogger Aza said...

    After working all day I came home and found D sitting out back smoking. He said he was sick to his stomach and had a killer headache. After yaking for 20 minutes we went and got him a coffee. When we got home he layed down and went back to sleep. He's been sleeping since yesterday. Going on 24 hours now.

    I really appreciate the mojo, Rose. At this point I think he seriously needs it.

    7:37 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home